Ceramics - Wine Bottle

This is a project I am currently working on.
It is about designing a bottle, with your own interpretation.

My idea was about giving blind people the ability to read their own information on the products. In my case I wanted to design a wine bottle with braille on it. The reason I chose wine is because people have a unique interpretation of taste. For example, if you ask 3 different people at the supermarket to point a dry white wine out to you, you'll most likely get about 2 or 3 different suggestions. Because of this, it is very important that you can read the description for yourself. 

This is the shape I started from. I chose this shape because I wanted to add braille on top of it and this shape reminded me of an open book. 


 I added the 'braille' on top of the form.


When I had the form, and was satisfied with it, I started to make the casting mold..


Following: A few final results. 



The last thing I am working at is trying to make them more outstanding by adding some different kinds of glaze.



Reacties

Tom Veldkamp zei…
Ziet er mooi uit..

Kan niet wachten tot het eindresultaat. :)

xo
Iskander zei…
Ha Jirina,

grappig met die 'braille'; ik zie dat je het zelf ook zo noemt :) staat er ook daadwerkelijk info op al of heb je nu random stipjes/brailletekens gezet? Leuke vorm ook, bijna jammer dat blinden dat dan weer niet kunnen zien, haha.

Laurens
@ Iskander: Er staat ook daadwerkelijk iets, de omschrijving van de wijn die er in zit :) Bedankt voor je reactie!
Gus zei…
Oorspronkelijk en interessant
Jirina zei…
Bedankt voor je reactie.

Populaire posts van deze blog

The end is near

Art and Design boundaries