I had a dream..

During the time I am making the moulds. I suddenly saw something that got my attention.
Before I pour the plaster in the shape of the mould I sieve the plaster. I saw the plaster caused a pattern in the sieve. This is similar to the project I am working on that the moment.
 Some examples here:






I want to do something with this, first I have to do some research. Will be continued.

Yesterday I got some old carpet from a friend. Played around with it to give the idea some body, this is not the real shape I want, this is just a try out.



Have been working on the design. Wanted to use my porselein project as my inspiration, this means my head was the base of the form.
Started drawing:




Have a lot more sketches but I picked the one, bottom right.
Several reasons for that, I like the way the lines became free of the 'head' shape. 
Also I like it that the lines have a different thickness and the shape in the top corner is slightly slanted.
I discovered all these pro's while I was drawing, after I picked the one that I liked the most, I started making it on scale:








This is a picture of a small piece of 'stramien' that is the material that is the base of the carpet. Here you knot the strings through.


Here an example of those knots. This will be the way the whole carpet will be made. Also with the different heights. Small differences but I think in the bigger picture, they will be clear enough.


The latest changes:



The little piece I did myself, took me a few hours.


The size is: 260 cm by 190 cm



Labeled all the places because there will be different colours and different heights.






I had to cut the whole rug into 4 pieces.

4 people are helping me with finishing the whole work, since the porcelain project is taking up so much of my time, those 4 ladies agreed on helping me.

After handing over the pieces to every one, they started right away:







1 of the 4 pieces, almost finished already.






Here you can see the difference between the part that has been finished and the part that isn't, you can see that it starts to become 'a live'





Soon the 4 pieces will be attached again, I will post more photos of the result.
















Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The end is near

Art and Design boundaries