This is a project I am currently working on. It is about designing a bottle, with your own interpretation. My idea was about giving blind people the ability to read their own information on the products. In my case I wanted to design a wine bottle with braille on it. The reason I chose wine is because people have a unique interpretation of taste. For example, if you ask 3 different people at the supermarket to point a dry white wine out to you, you'll most likely get about 2 or 3 different suggestions. Because of this, it is very important that you can read the description for yourself. This is the shape I started from. I chose this shape because I wanted to add braille on top of it and this shape reminded me of an open book. I added the 'braille' on top of the form. When I had the form, and was s atisfied with it, I started to make the casting mold.. Following: A few final results. The la...
At this point in my career I am thinking off some kind of logo I want to use. I would like to make some sort of stamp to 'sign' my ceramics with. And design something for my 'over-al' art work. I made a few designs and I would like to ask your opinion. I numbered the logo's so it is more easy to make sure what logo you are talking about. Or maybe you just want to give me a suggestion. Please do not hesitate to give your opinion. Thank you
I just started working on a new project. It is a follow up from the Wine bottle and the Braille project with the drawings translated. The idea is: A closet for cups against the wall. But not like we know them - staying on the ground - but hanging at the wall. The outline is a frame like we know them around a painting. As a base I want to use my drawings again. The 'world' you can see there I cut it in pieces and describe those pieces with text. This text is invert in braille and the braille will cover the cups. So that on each cup there will be a little piece of a big 'world' readable. If you have the total work you have a closet full of cups with little pieces of a big 'world' on it. You as an owner/user from these cups can arrange your own 'world'. In most of the cases people with sight are not able to read what is on the cups, so you have the control about it but you have no idea what your doing. This is an interesting idea I like...
Reacties