Exchange

Hi there, it has been a while since the last post but that is because I am on exchange to Finland!
I arrived here on the 4th of January to start a 5 month study here in Finland - Helsinki.

It has been around 3 weeks since I arrived, I have a nice apartment, I live 200m from the metro-station that brings me half way to school in 20 mins. There I take a tram that takes another 20 mins and from there only a 5 mins walk, very doable. I live 50m from the supermarket so I can easily go there. 

Since I have been here it has been snowing for quite some time, the result is that there is around 50cm of snow at the untouched places, they are very occupied with the snow and especially with cleaning the places where people walk. They don't use salt like we use to in Holland but here they use some kind of gravel so you wont slip. 

This was the side information because what I am here for in the first place is art. The school system is kinda different compared to what I am used to, you have to sign up for classes or lectures you are interested in and then (if they are not full) you have to have a 80% presence then it is okay. I have enrolled for the next classes:


As you can see some of them have not started yet so I am not that busy yet.
And the reason I choose Finland was because I wanted to find out more about Ceramics in combination with other materials, but when I came here and saw the list with classes to choose from there was not a lot of ceramics courses, there was one but it was full already so I couldn't join, too bad. Then I tried to set up my own project and tried to find about any opportunities to do that. After some e-mails, I was told that it was okay for me to do my own project at the ceramics working space. I was very happy and started right away. From here on I will show pictures and write somethings about the things I am doing here. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The end is near

Art and Design boundaries