Japanese water colour woodcut

2 weeks ago I started a course about Japanese water colour woodcuts. We have had some information about the technique so far and we got the blocks, now we have to make a sketch and start cutting. 








I am thinking of staying in the theme of my last woodcut. My interests go out to Medusa I am working on the sketches at the moment.




Firts results, it is a pretty difficult thing to do. The wood chips pretty easy so I make a lot of 'mistake' but maybe that is not a big problem at the end, lets hope.





Finished both of the blocks and printed them, I was surprised by the result. I already send them home so I could not make a picture, but I will do this when I am home.





Reacties

Anoniem zei…
Geweldig idee met de ballen! Optie 2 spreekt mij persoonlijk wel erg aan. De scherven bijelkaar rapen, die iedereen wel eens maakt in zn leven, overdenken waar het mis ging en opnieuw beginnen. De bal is rond en zal altijd blijven rollen, mits je hem wel steeds "een zetje geeft" net zoals wij mensen af en toe dat zetje nodig hebben. Liefs en succes, ook met de Japanse woodcut.
Ali

Populaire posts van deze blog

The end is near

Art and Design boundaries